Healthier Eating 2017 for Oliver
- I can only eat ADDICTION_FOODS in the following RARE SITUATIONS:
- Festivity meals: birthday dinner, Christmas dinner or brunch, etc;
- Social events: dinner get-togethers, restaurant with others, coffee with a colleague, cottage/vacation, etc;
- LIMITATION: during events that span multiple meals (example: weekend at cottage), I can only eat ADDICTION_FOODS that are served to me.
- One-time special events (example: my son’s first pancakes!);
- When my weight is under 170 pounds and there has been more than 7 days since I consumed any ADDITION_FOODS;
- LIMITATION: I am allowed one “portion”, about 300 cals.
- When my weight is below 165 lbs.
- ADDICTION_FOODS is any of the following:
- breads and spreads: loaf, pita, naan, croissant, bagel, etc, nutella, jams, honey etc.
- high-carb cereals (like Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Rice Crispies, etc; whole grain cereals like rolled or steel cut oats are ok; all bran/bran buds are ok, granola-type cereal as additive to other cereal are ok)
- pancakes and crepes.
- crackers and potatoe/cereal chips (tortilla, etc).
- cookies, cake, pastries, struddels, etc.
- chocolate bars, rochers, turtles, and similar assortments of junk food.
- juice and beverages from cartons and jugs, even if they are 100% pure fruit; coconut water is ok.
- SUPPORTERS are those listed below. Their name appearing here indicates they approve of this challenge and they will not try to sabotage it (this clarification is likely only important for my kids!):
- Monique L.
- Bobby and Elena
- Mike F.
- Donna E.
- Karim A.
- Melina S.
- Jim N.
- Wolf S., Gloria, Eddie, Nico and “Crispy” their wascally puddy cat
- Whenever I consume ADDICTION_FOODS, I must log it to MY LOGBOOK, vieweable at anytime by my SUPPORTERS.
- The PERIOD of this pledge is from Jan 3rd 2017 to Dec 31st 2017
- PENALTY: In order to increase the odds of success of this excruciating challenge, I promise to give each SUPPORTER the sum of CAN$100 if I FAIL.
- FAILURE to fulfill this pledge is defined as eating any ADDICTION_FOODS outside of the RARE SITUATIONS described above, within the PERIOD of this contract.
Thanks to all my supporters! Cheers,
p.s. A couple people have expressed concern that this is a zero carb diet. Quite the opposite! “Healthy carbs” are amazingly easy to get: vegetables, fruit, whole grains, nuts and beans, and you only need around 200g per day!. I eat plenty of those every day; what else is there to eat, when ADDICTION_FOODS are eliminated! So no worries!